Chattanooga Theatre Centre
What it is:
The Backstage Bash is a night of entertainment, food, drink, and laughter at the Chattanooga Theatre Centre.
It's like eight clubs under one roof – a moveable feast of fun, presented throughout the 40,000 square feet of rehearsal halls, costume shop, scene shop and other places rarely seen as an audience member.
Saturday, May 16, 7:30 – 11:00 p.m.
Who and why:
this fund raising Event is designed to raise money for your Chattanooga Theatre Centre now celebrating our 91st season.
Steve and Kim Cannon Hunt are chairing the event.
Jack and Dr. Mary Barker are honorary chairpersons.
First Tennessee foundation is the presenting sponsor.
Other sponsors include: Barnett & Company, grant konvalinka & harrison, hgh construction, memorial foundation, suntrust foundation, TENNESSEE VALLEY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, UTC
(Chairpersons steve & kim hunt pictured here
photo by Cansler photography)
Great Stops Backstage:• VIP Room/Cabaret (Melvin Asher Young Main Lobby) – Featuring NeShawn Callaway accompanied by Marcia Smith. Torch songs and signature cocktails in swanky elegance in the Melvin A. Young Main Lobby
• 88 Keys Piano Lounge – Featuring Michael Huseman. A quiet respite to enjoy the tinkling ivories in the green room
• Make a Scene Techno/Disco – Lights! Action! But please, no cameras! A rocking dance party in the Scene Shop with DJ Paul Hughes
• Photo Op Costume Shop – Choose a costume that suits your fancy and strike a pose!
• Unplugged and Unhinged Coffee Shop – Featuring Jim Palmour and guest artist. Groovy folk music in Rehearsal Room #3
• Stage Door Canteen – Featuring the Chattanooga Monday Night Big Band. Dance to big band sounds and swing dance like it's 1942 in the Dance Studio
• Singalong Piano Bar – Featuring Andrew Chauncey. You can take center stage in the Mildred M. Montague Circle Theatre and sing or enjoy the talents of those who do.
• Make-and-Take - a creative and fun mask in this hands-on project room
• Throughout the CTC - Street Performers perform feats to dazzle and entertain
• And everywhere you turn – great food (from Events With Taste catering) and drink!
Ticket prices are $75 for a single ticket; $125 for a single VIP ticket. (Single tickets go on sale April 7)
Sponsor packages starting at $1,250 are available now. Call Executive Director, George Quick at (423) 267-8534, ext. 306
Single tickets admit the bearer to an evening of food, drink and top notch entertainment while enjoying a rare "Backstage pass" to areas around the Theatre not usually accessible to the patrons.
VIP tickets include all of the above plus a red carpet entrance, VIP room/lounge access with signature drink and a special VIP parting gift.
Chattanooga Theatre Centre box office: 423-267-8534.
Here's a link to photos taken by Kevin Owens during the May 2014 Backstage Bash. Thanks Kevin!
VIP Guests arrive
at the BackStage
Bash - a Party
In Stages on
May 10, 2014
Honorary Chair of the 2014 event,
Sonia Young, "the purple
lady" with CTC Patron
(CTC Scene Shop)
ivories in the
88 Keys Piano